SFBC - R.est I.n S.tout Russian Imperial Stout - 5 Gallon All Grain Recipe Kit
Who doesn't like a big ol' RIS (Russian Imperial Stout. With a big malt back bone and just as big hop presence to balance out the malts and alcohol level. This beer can be brewed and bottled in a quick turn around but we recommend a longer aging period. This will allow the flavours to mellow and mesh together nicely.
This Recipe Kit Includes:
- Top Quality Malt
- SFBC or YCH Vacuum-Sealed Hops
- Premium Dry Yeast (Liquid Yeast options available)
- Adjuncts (if required)
- Grain & Hop Schedule and brewing instructions
- Irish Moss or Whirlfloc depending on stock.
- Hop bags for late addition boil/whirlpool and dry hopping
Estimated ABV: 8.0%
Estimated IBU's: 65
Makes Approxiamtely: 5 gallons/ 19 liters of beer.
For Brew Sheet Instructions including malt bill, hops and mash schedule please click here.
Please note the following:
- A physical copy of the brew sheet is sent out with all kits.
- Liquid yeast may change with seasonality and availability. If the yeast you have selected is not available you will be informed before shipping or pickup.
- The default yeast for this recipe is Safale US-05. This recipe comes with two packages of dry yeast. The liquid yeast option has one vial of yeast and we recommend you do a starter or purchase a second vial of yeast.