SFBC - R.est I.n S.tout Russian Imperial Stout - 5 Gallon All Grain Recipe Kit
Who doesn't like a big ol' RIS (Russian Imperial Stout. With a big malt back bone and just as big hop presence to balance out the malts and alcohol level. This beer can be brewed and bottled in a quick turn around but we recommend a longer aging period. This will allow the flavours to mellow and mesh together nicely.
This Recipe Kit Includes:
- Top Quality Malt
- SFBC or YCH Vacuum-Sealed Hops
- Premium Dry Yeast (Liquid Yeast options available)
- Adjuncts (if required)
- Grain & Hop Schedule and brewing instructions
- Irish Moss or Whirlfloc depending on stock.
- Hop bags for late addition boil/whirlpool and dry hopping
Estimated ABV: 8.0%
Estimated IBU's: 65
Makes Approxiamtely: 5 gallons/ 19 liters of beer.
For Brew Sheet Instructions including malt bill, hops and mash schedule please click here.
Please note the following:
- A physical copy of the brew sheet is sent out with all kits.
- Liquid yeast may change with seasonality and availability. If the yeast you have selected is not available you will be informed before shipping or pickup.
- The default yeast for this recipe is Safale US-05. This recipe comes with two packages of dry yeast. The liquid yeast option has one vial of yeast and we recommend you do a starter or purchase a second vial of yeast.
Premium Canadian 2-Row Barley Malt (CA)
2-row barley malt is probably the most commonly used grain by brewers. This malt is modified and high in enzymes that are essential for your yeast. Easily converts sugars with...
D180 Belgian Candi Syrup
The darkest and richest Belgian candi syrup with an SRM of 180, it has no competitors for flavor, color or smooth fermentability. Notes of fresh ground coffee, wild cherry, dark...
Golden Light DME
Briess CBW® Golden Light DME (dry malt extract) is a 100% pure malted barley extract made from a blend of 100% malts and water. Imparts a nuetral flavour in beer. Solids -...