SFBC - ON SMaSH - 5 Gallon All Grain Recipe Kit
ON SMaSH - Single Malt and Single Hop using all Ontario ingredients. This kit features Pale Ale malt from Barn Owl Malt located in Stirling ON. You get to decide if you want to use Cascade or Rakou hops from Tavistock Hop Co. in Tavistock ON. And lastly features Cali Liquid Ale yeast from Escarpment Yeast Labs in Guelph ON. This recipe has been built to support the Kitchener Live Local KW week which SFBC is participating from Sept 17-23, for more details follow this link.
This Recipe Kit Includes:
- 10lbs of Barn Owl Pale Ale Quality Malt
- Tavistock Hops Co. Vacuum-Sealed and nitrogen flushed Hops
- Escarpment Liquid Yeast Cali or equivalent strain depending on availability.
- Grain & Hop Schedule and brewing instructions
- Irish Moss or Whirlfloc depending on stock.
- Hop bags for late addition boil/whirlpool and dry hopping
Estimated ABV: 5.0-5.2%
Estimated IBU's: 30-35 Cascade or 40-45 Rakou
Makes Approxiamtely: 5 gallons/ 19 liters of beer
For Brew Sheet instructions, grain bill and hop schedule please click here.
Please note the following:
- A physical copy of the brew sheet is sent out with all kits.
- Liquid yeast may change with seasonality and availability. If the yeast you have selected is not available you will be informed before shipping or pickup.
- The default yeast for this recipe is Escarpment Cali.
Premium Canadian 2-Row Barley Malt (CA)
2-row barley malt is probably the most commonly used grain by brewers. This malt is modified and high in enzymes that are essential for your yeast. Easily converts sugars with...
D180 Belgian Candi Syrup
The darkest and richest Belgian candi syrup with an SRM of 180, it has no competitors for flavor, color or smooth fermentability. Notes of fresh ground coffee, wild cherry, dark...
Golden Light DME
Briess CBW® Golden Light DME (dry malt extract) is a 100% pure malted barley extract made from a blend of 100% malts and water. Imparts a nuetral flavour in beer. Solids -...