SFBC - Lando Saison - 5 Gallon All Grain Recipe Kit
Lando is a regularly brewed Saison on the SFBC system. Low alcohol. light dry body, moderate fruity esters depending on temperature you choose to ferment at. There is a slight hoppy note with an apparent bitterness that balances the beer. The version that Rob brews is barrel aged and blended but the original base recipe is below. A very simple malt bill but this varies on Rob's mood also for the purpose of this recipe there is only one yeast but the current culture for Lando has 4 sach strains, brett, lacto and pedio in it.
This Recipe Kit Includes:
- Top Quality Malt
- SFBC or YCH Vacuum-Sealed Hops
- Premium Dry Yeast (Liquid Yeast options available)
- Adjuncts (if required)
- Grain & Hop Schedule and brewing instructions
- Irish Moss or Whirlfloc depending on stock.
- Hop bags for late addition boil/whirlpool and dry hopping
Estimated ABV: 4.8%
Estimated IBU's: 24
Makes Approxiamtely: 5 gallons/ 19 liters of beer
For Brew Sheet instructions, grain bill and hop schedule please click here.
Please note the following:
- A physical copy of the brew sheet is sent out with all kits.
- Liquid yeast may change with seasonality and availability. If the yeast you have selected is not available you will be informed before shipping or pickup.
- The default yeast for this recipe is Safale BE-134. Alternate yeast can be selected below including: Omega C2C American Farmhouse or Escarpment New World Saison liquid yeasts. Please note the Omega and Escarpment yeast include Brett.
Premium Canadian 2-Row Barley Malt (CA)
2-row barley malt is probably the most commonly used grain by brewers. This malt is modified and high in enzymes that are essential for your yeast. Easily converts sugars with...
Amarillo Leaf (US)
Floral, tropical, and citrus (lemon, orange and grapefruit) characteristics.Vacuum sealed by Hop Union or by Short Finger Brewing Co. Alpha Acids: 8.0 - 11.0% Beta Acids: 6.0 - 7.0% Used For: Multipurpose Good for...
D180 Belgian Candi Syrup
The darkest and richest Belgian candi syrup with an SRM of 180, it has no competitors for flavor, color or smooth fermentability. Notes of fresh ground coffee, wild cherry, dark...