SFBC - Köln Clone - 5 Gallon All Grain Recipe Kit
Apparently you aren't allowed to call a Kolsch a Kolsch unless it is made in Köln Germany. So this is a Köln clone. A German style lagered ale that is light and sessionable. Köln Clone has a light toast note from the malt and traditional German Hops (Hallertau) which give a light bitterness with a spicy and herbal aroma.
This Recipe Kit Includes:
- Top Quality Malt
- SFBC or YCH Vacuum-Sealed Hops
- Premium Dry Yeast (Liquid Yeast options available)
- Adjuncts (if required)
- Grain & Hop Schedule and brewing instructions
- Irish Moss or Whirlfloc depending on stock.
- Hop bags for late addition boil/whirlpool and dry hopping
Estimated ABV: 4.8-5.2%
Estimated IBU's: 20-25
Makes Approxiamtely: 5 gallons/ 19 liters of beer
For Brew Sheet Instructions, grain bill and hop schedule please click here.
Please note the following:
- A physical copy of the brew sheet is sent out with all kits.
- Liquid yeast may change with seasonality and availability. If the yeast you have selected is not available you will be informed before shipping or pickup.
- The default yeast for this recipe is US-05. We strongly recommend using the alternate yeast can be selected below including: Escarpment Yeast Labs Kolsch or OYL-044
Premium Canadian 2-Row Barley Malt (CA)
2-row barley malt is probably the most commonly used grain by brewers. This malt is modified and high in enzymes that are essential for your yeast. Easily converts sugars with...
D180 Belgian Candi Syrup
The darkest and richest Belgian candi syrup with an SRM of 180, it has no competitors for flavor, color or smooth fermentability. Notes of fresh ground coffee, wild cherry, dark...
Golden Light DME
Briess CBW® Golden Light DME (dry malt extract) is a 100% pure malted barley extract made from a blend of 100% malts and water. Imparts a nuetral flavour in beer. Solids -...