Backyard Yeast Wrangling Toolkit
Bootleg Biology’s Backyard Yeast Wrangling Tool Kit includes everything the experimental homebrewer needs to capture wild bugs, create agar plates, and isolate yeast:
- Detailed instruction book & web-based content
- Half-gallon capture vessel
- Bug membrane systems
- Sterile cotton swabs
- Test tubes
- Bootleg Biology’s Wild Yeast Agar blend
- Sterile petri dishes
- Bootleg Biology Fermetrics™ stickers
- The famous Bootleg inoculation loop (a paper clip)
- Free Local Yeast Project Contributor pack. Once you’ve isolated a strain, becoming a Contributor is a simple as sticking a cultured swab in the included envelope and dropping it in a mailbox.
As an added bonus: If you send your viable local yeast culture to Bootleg Biology, it will be banked in our laboratory freezer! You won’t ever have to worry about losing your fantastic local yeast culture.
Check out the YouTube video with Bootleg Biology’s Chief Yeast Wrangler acting as a hand model, demonstrating how to pour agar plates, streak cultures and isolate yeast.