Backyard Yeast Wrangling Toolkit
Bootleg Biology’s Backyard Yeast Wrangling Tool Kit includes everything the experimental homebrewer needs to capture wild bugs, create agar plates, and isolate yeast:
- Detailed instruction book & web-based content
- Half-gallon capture vessel
- Bug membrane systems
- Sterile cotton swabs
- Test tubes
- Bootleg Biology’s Wild Yeast Agar blend
- Sterile petri dishes
- Bootleg Biology Fermetrics™ stickers
- The famous Bootleg inoculation loop (a paper clip)
- Free Local Yeast Project Contributor pack. Once you’ve isolated a strain, becoming a Contributor is a simple as sticking a cultured swab in the included envelope and dropping it in a mailbox. Postage is pre-paid in the U.S.!
As an added bonus: If you send your viable local yeast culture to Bootleg Biology, it will be banked in our laboratory freezer! You won’t ever have to worry about losing your fantastic local yeast culture.
Check out the YouTube video with Bootleg Biology’s Chief Yeast Wrangler acting as a hand model, demonstrating how to pour agar plates, streak cultures and isolate yeast.
Petri Dish (10 pack)
Sterile Petri Dishes courtesy of our friends at Bootleg Biology. Petri dishes are 90mm size, larger than 60mm dishes included in Yeast Wrangling Tool Kit which increases the ease of isolating a...
Wild Yeast Agar Blend
Special Wild Yeast Agar Blend for all of your wild yeast and brewer’s yeast isolating adventures. Just boil with water and pour. 60 grams, powder. Enough to make approximately 30 agar plates...