SFBC - Köln Clone - 5 Gallon All Grain Recipe Kit
Apparently you aren't allowed to call a Kolsch a Kolsch unless it is made in Köln Germany. So this is a Köln clone. A German style lagered ale that is light and sessionable. Köln Clone has a light toast note from the malt and traditional German Hops (Hallertau) which give a light bitterness with a spicy and herbal aroma.
This Recipe Kit Includes:
- Top Quality Malt
- SFBC or YCH Vacuum-Sealed Hops
- Premium Dry Yeast (Liquid Yeast options available)
- Adjuncts (if required)
- Grain & Hop Schedule and brewing instructions
- Irish Moss or Whirlfloc depending on stock.
- Hop bags for late addition boil/whirlpool and dry hopping
Estimated ABV: 4.8-5.2%
Estimated IBU's: 20-25
Makes Approxiamtely: 5 gallons/ 19 liters of beer
For Brew Sheet Instructions, grain bill and hop schedule please click here.
Please note the following:
- A physical copy of the brew sheet is sent out with all kits.
- Liquid yeast may change with seasonality and availability. If the yeast you have selected is not available you will be informed before shipping or pickup.
- The default yeast for this recipe is US-05. We strongly recommend using the alternate yeast can be selected below including: Escarpment Yeast Labs Kolsch or OYL-044